Waypex Wegends (Apex Legends): A Thread About that Titanfall Battle Royale

Creepy Crawly roBoty. Interested in those abilities.

Those Apex people sure do like destroying their environments, huh?
May get the battle pass this season. I’m digging the theme they got going on this time around.

1 Like

Are there any titans yet?

1 Like

No titans yet. But I kinda doubt they’ll add them.
No, this season we get a simulacra with a rude attitude and a map that a corp bungled up.

Patch notes here: https://trello.com/c/TsvRGyji/112-patch-notes-40
(Guess they don’t want their webhosting to get slammed so patch notes are hosted on other sites like trello and reddit)

Big highlights:

New Legend: Revenant
Grumpy skull face robot who can crouch walk faster and climb higher. Got low profile right off the bat (takes +5% more damage to balance out his unconventional silhouette).
Tactical - throwable that disables enemy abilities for 10 seconds (wow)
Ultimate - drops a totem buff that prevents allies from getting killed or downed for a period of time. Instead they return to the totem with 1 health*.

Revenant actually seems pretty interesting. At first I was thinking his tactical was going to be really annoying but considering the kinds of abilities in the game it’ll probably be alright. I think it’ll mostly counter panic button escapes. Similarly, Death Totem seemed overly powerful then I thought about it’s use and how people will have an idea where you disappeared to with low health.

New Weapon: Sentinel Sniper Rifle
Bolt action sniper that can chug a shield battery for a temporary buff that drains when you shoot.

In addition to this, snipers are getting their own ammo type to balance out the ammo pools a bit more. No more having 160 rounds in two stacks for your heavy sniper. This affects Sentinel, Longbow, TripleTake, and Charge Rifle. G7 Scout has graduated to assault rifle status.

There are a bunch of things that are really getting me interested in the game again like the sniper ammo or swapping the L-STAR out of the supply crates for the Devotion, buffs to the Havoc, Bloodhound getting a buff, etc. Also you can find some neat insight into the changes they made to the map in the patch notes.

*That’s what the reddit patch notes say at least.

4 Likes

So I decided to give Apex another shot and idk what changed between the last time I played and now but I like it. As someone who has played a ton of Fortnite, it’s real nice when your opponent can’t build cover when you shoot them.

But I got three wins so far this week since I started playing last weekend. I was able to unlock my first legend, Wattson and she’s so much fun.

I’m looking forward to playing the new Valentine’s Day event.

6 Likes

I’ve really taken a liking to Revenant which I didn’t expect to. His kit just seems really good, dropping ult and rushing the enemy is so much fun. Also hitting people with your silence and watching them clearly still try and use their abilities is so much fun.

I’m glad Respawn continues to find ways to make characters feel unique and I can’t wait to see what they do with the rumored second character this season.

2 Likes

I mostly main Crypto at this point, but even I’ll admit that he’s a tough character to get your head around. It’s nice that this season’s character is a bit more straightforward and welcoming, even if he’s a bit of a jerk personality wise.

1 Like

I wish I was better at Crypto because he’s incredibly useful to have in a squad. Plus he’s got some good skins :+1:

I have a lot of fun with Crypto using his drone less for scouting and more just figuring out a useful place to place it as a lookout. If you’re worried someone is going to sneak up on you have it watch your back. Have it watch the opposite sides of buildings if enemies try escaping. Just gets my brain going about where would be a good place to just have a camera. His ult not being as detrimental to allies anymore has also been a major boon.

Revenant has really grown on me. He goes even further than Caustic with the death obsession. Doesn’t even say thank you or your welcome. Just grunts, belittles everyone and whines about not being able to die. Very over the top in a way that I find fun. His abilities are all pretty good but the star for me is his passive that allows him to quietly move at walking speed when crouched. It’s really worked out for me repositioning around a target or even scrambling around during a shoot out.

I highly recommend checking out this edgy robot man.

3 Likes

So I never got to play the original version of World’s Edge, so I don’t know how much of an impact the changes are. I do like this map, I like it a lot better over Kings Canyon tbh. For those of you who have spent more time, what are your thoughts?

I really like both but the core community seems to very much lean more towards Kings Canyon.

World’s Edge biggest issue IMO is that it’s a lot easier to get high tier loot. The train will often have a good mix of purple and gold items but especially backpacks and armor which are arguably the most important non weapons to have. The drones that fly around are easy to shoot down for a guarantee gold item and often a decent purple to boot. Then you have the vaults which have nothing but purple and gold. There is also Mirages Party Barge which in addition to good loot in boxes and laying about has two of the drone balls that spawn always purple I want to say.

And then you also have the normal hot zone + care packages. So by the last 4 squads almost everyone is fully kitted. I have had multiple rounds where we had too many gold barrels that is something that very rarely ever happened on Kings Canyon.

This also really promotes highly aggressive play because if you have some purple and some gold from train then run in to the squad who got a vault one team is coming out fully decked out after the fight.

1 Like

I think the recent map updates did wonders for World’s Edge. One common complaint from players when the map first came out was the much longer engagement distance. There was a good bit more wide open space, and too many fights ended up just being sniper battles.

The addition of the Harvester, splitting the capitol city in 2, and adding dedicated sniper ammo (rather than stacking one stack of ammo previously and being set for sniper ammo for the whole game) has definitely made short and mid-range encounters seem a bit more frequent, and I think the game is much better for it.

2 Likes

Octane Edition is out!

Comes with:

• Legendary skin for Octane
  • Legendary charge rifle (although I feel like people are using other snipers over it now)
  • Gun Charm
  • Badge
  • 1,000 Apex coins ($10 USD equivalent)

Costs $20 USD

There’s also an Assimilation pack for Revenant that has a rare skin + 600 Apex coins for $5 USD

Not sure how I feel about the Octane skin yet, kind of makes him look like a weird cyber bird IMO but I’ll probably pick up that Revenant skin.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m probably gonna get the Revenant skin as well. I did pick up the Lifeline/Bloodhound combo pack though.

Also, Kings Canyon is back.

I’ve played the original map a bit when the game first came out, before I stopped. Still trying to learn World’s Edge though.

1 Like

I switched back from “steady” aim (or whatever the second one is called) and back to the default and, while it doesn’t feel hugely different, I do feel like I’m hitting my shots more frequently, especially with long range weapons.

G7 Scout is probably my favorite weapon in the game, after the Devotion.

Anyway, Revenant: I kinda don’t like his play style? If I’m going to play a more aggressive character, I’d rather pick Wraith or Octane and, while his silencing grenade skill is very useful, his ultimate hasn’t ever really worked out well in my experience. Yeah you stop from being downed, but you’re also essentially going into fights with just 100 HP (since shields aren’t used once you active his totem). So, unless you can down 150 or 200 HP people or you’re a third team getting the drop on people, it feels like you just get sent back to heal while they also heal.

I also really don’t like his personality. It feels like the whiniest “I need healing” lines from Overwatch ramped up to 11. He’s just so aggressively unpleasant lol

Yeah, I haven’t really used his ultimate that much anyway, but I do love his tactical and his passive too. I do think he’s a bit mean and compared to the other characters, sticks out and doesn’t really gel well with them story wise. Although, maybe they could record a few more lines for him later on?

Patch notes for Apex

• Revenant - 10% nicer
4 Likes

The thing that saves Revenant’s personality for me is how the other characters treating him the same way as they treat other legends makes his edginess feel like a joke. Like, Revenant’s “I’m not thanking you” replied to with a cheerful “You’re welcome!” makes me smile. (I wouldn’t mind some nice voicelines from him though. Show some cracks in that edgelord armor.)

Revenant’s abilities are kind of hard to quantify because the best case scenario is just nothing happens most of the time. LIke, if someone doesn’t use their escape ability the result is the lack of something happening as opposed to a clearer effect like a shield blocking bullets. Similarly, I view the ult as letting me be a little more aggressive without worrying about getting completely annihilated but best case scenario is that I don’t get sent back.
I’m primarily annoyed by it being called a totem. Feel like that term gets thrown around a bit too much in video games for what I think of as a very specific religious object.

2 Likes

OK, so last night, I played a bunch of Revenant after pulling a legendary skin out of a standard Apex Pack.

And yeah, I really like how he goes “I’m not thanking you” and Pathfinder is just as happy to say “you’re welcome” to anyone else in the squad.

Also I think I like playing Revenant a lot more. Having issues getting the silence on enemies, but the crouch speed is good.

4 Likes

Crouch speed might just be Revenant’s best tool honestly, especially when paired with his extended climbing ability. Really love sneaking up and freaking out enemies with it.

I posted this on the Esports thread, but I’ll post it here too

Apex tournament happening at Pax East this weekend! Watch some pro play right before the Arlington Major in March.

4 Likes

New Event!

March 3rd to the 17th

Limited Time Mode - Deja Loot

• First week on Worlds Edge second week on Kings Canyon
  • Every day the ring pattern and the loot will be fixed, so after a couple rounds you should know where all the good loot is

New Equipment: Evo Shield
It starts out weaker then white armor but the more damage you do to non downed players the more health it gains eventually even passing purple. It also carriers over from person to person. It’s going to only be in the limited time mode for now and potentially be in the normal game afterwards.

New Event Pass

( I really want that floppy disk :floppy_disk:)

Event skins!

If you get all the event skins you get Octanes heirloom

The heirloom system is now changing as well, you now get heirloom shards. Now instead of just getting a random heirloom at 500 apex pack openings you instead have enough to craft whichever one you want.

5 Likes