Waypoint Presents: Save Point 2019 (05/02/2019-05/05/2019) [FINAL TOTAL: $161,930.02 Raised!]

Can’t think of anything weird like what Patrick said, so I’l just echo what others want for returning favourites: XCOM, Monster Hunter, a battle royale of some sort, Bloodborne, Into the Breach etc. Dead Cells has had a new update called Rise of the Giant, so it would be cool if Patrick returned to that. For co-op stuff, I’d like to see some Overcooked 2 and the upcoming Boxboy+Boxgirl, I remember Natalie expressing interest in the latter. I don’t remember if Austin streamed Hitman 2 from last November, that would be cool too.

1 Like

four player Helldivers would be chaotic and wonderful.

1 Like

Either Natalie or Patrick running Hollow Knight DLC would be amazing.

2 Likes

TOTALLY ACCURATE BATTLE SIMULATOR would be a fun little sidebar game, because I feel like the crew would react well to it and make for good streamin’

8 Likes

I’d be happy as anything to see Rob whip out his wheel and his gear shifter and do a race in say, iRacing or some other racing sim of his choice. We really need to get an appreciation of Rob’s new toy imo.

5 Likes

Super Monkey Ball is a great party game that would be fun to watch them play.

1 Like

I would love to see them play Dwarf Fortress. Maybe there’s not enough time for the game to really flourish but Austin narrating a Dwarf Fortress game?:ok_hand:t2:

5 Likes

By the way – if you’re catching up on Save Point or missed any segments last year, we have links to the 32 hour staff Twitch VOD in the forum topic for last year in the ‘Thank You’ post.

I have some Dance Dance Revolution to watch, if you’ll excuse me…

2 Likes

Trans Lifeline is a great group to support, from all I’ve heard. Did you know that if you buy games or bundles from Humble, Trans Lifeline is one of the charities that you can choose to receive a percentage of the payment? It’s not as much as a normal donation, just a few percent, but it costs you nothing so if you’re buying a game anyway there’s literally no reason not to.

1 Like

If non-video games are on the table, I would love to see the crew chew through a case of Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective. No real board or anything, so it’s easy to stream!

On a similar note: some of the shorter, weirder IF games would be fun. Maybe a quick shot at Spider and Web? I apparently just want to see the crew solve puzzles and argue about mysterious mysteries.

(Edit: Switched to a less spoiler-y official author link for Spider and Web)

1 Like

I will always and forever suggest more rhythm games. Maybe Patrick ‘King of DDR’ Klepek can bring his PSVR and some PS Move controllers, and the gang can get in on some Beat Saber? It’s a very easy game to pick up, and I promise absolutely no one would look silly playing it :stuck_out_tongue:

On the VR note, maybe some Superhot VR? I found that game tends to be a big hit at gatherings I’ve hosted, and lends itself quite well to some good old pass 'n play action.

2 Likes

dunno if you know this but the Waypoint staff actually did play a game of Consulting Detective on their very first 72-hour stream (as in, not Save Point but their website launch one), you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j90O4xt-iic

2 Likes

I did not! This is great, though, it’s like having a wish granted immediately.

2 Likes

Speaking of Sherlock Holmes, they talked once about playing one of the last Frogware games, which are split into several cases. I would love to watch them go through one case, especially with The Sinking City coming soon ; the games are kinda goofy, and the deduction system is interesting.

A few game reccs:

1. As @Glorgu and @Sevith alluded to, I’d love to see the Tactical Tuesdays XCOM 2 crew return. I miss Valravn and Elena and Mort (Combat Genius!).
    1a) Oooh, what about the original X-Com? Time units and sacrificial rookies and hot potato with grenades and all.
  2. Apparently Rob and Austin had a head to head Battletech match on the last stream? I am chagrined that I missed that and would want to see more of this.
  3. This is a reach - a damn reach! - but ever since I heard Rob wax rhapsodic about Legend of the Galactic Heroes, I’ve been curious about the series. It turns out that there have been a bunch of video games based on it – streaming one of those might be aces.
  4. It’s a bit of an odd one, but Battle for Wesnoth is an open-source hex-based tactics wargame. I believe that its multiplayer can accommodate up to nine players, is in the “simple-to-learn, hard-to-master” zone, and reasonably quick to get to the action - so this could be something that has the entire crew playing against each other!
  5. I’ll second @CulturalSnowCrash’s suggestion of Dwarf Fortress. That is a ridiculous byzantine game and hearing the Waypoint crew discussing/laughing about it would be aces.
  6. Finally, @michiakig is 100% goddamn correct that we need to have a live reading of @dogsarecool’s masterpiece Waypoint fanfic.

(I just really like strategy/tactics games, sorry for being one note here)

2 Likes

i think Austin said on friday’s podcast that he’s never done Bitterblack Isle in Dragon’s Dogma so i’d love to see him try that for the first time on stream. Or at least to see some of it if he’s tried it already.

4 Likes

I would like advance warning if this might possibly happen so that I can go to a field, dig a large hole, climb into the hole, and then bury myself in it.

4 Likes

I think it might be fun to play a game in which every single time a player losses a life or gets to a game over screen they have to pass it to the next person. I would think that a platformer like Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze would be a good candidate for this type of thing.

2 Likes

Would be awesome to see a quick Destiny 2 raid (like Scourge of the Past, which can be completed in less than 45 minutes) demonstrating the skill and teamwork of folks in our Waypoint community (credit for this idea goes to mrasmus on the Discord server).

4 Likes

With added bonus of Scourge ending in a giant mech stompin’ around. Jussayin’. #BigSteppy2019

1 Like