Waypoint radio 2/21 tom nook

IF WAYPOINT RADIO 2/21 IS NOT A PLATONIC DIALOGUE ON TOM NOOK AND HOUSING PRACTICE, I WILL PERSONALLY EAT ALL OF VICE’S TEK DEKS

YOUR MOVE, DOCTOR WAYPOINT. YOUR MOVE.

tom%20nook%20zoom%20face

HEY, he took a chance on you when you were new in town! TOM NOOK OFFERS YOU A PLACE TO STAY WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO YOUR NAME! YEAH, HE MAKES YOU HELP AROUND THE STORE, BUT HOW ELSE IS HE SUPPOSED TO MAKE THAT MONEY BACK?!

You millennials need to learn the value of HARD WORK!

TOM NOOK IS A FRIENDLY OLD LANDLORD, EVERYTHING ELSE IS FAKE NEWS!

I don’t see any of the other residents ever doing any work whatsoever. It seems no one else has to pay rent at all, even when they are built a house after me. Tom Nook is clearly anti-human and is pricing us out of his neighbourhood. I don’t even know why since animals don’t even produce trash for his nasty raccoon ass.

He gives you a place to stay and an interest-free rent because you’re now providing him labor and selling him goods that he can then resell at markup. And then when the bells generated by the goods you sell him go into the housing loan, that means he stocked his shop for free. Tom Nook is bad.

Tom Nook provides you with a house. Presumably he paid someone to build it at some point, or built it himself, during which time he either spent money he would otherwise use to stock his shop, or chose to forego all income while he was building it. Either way, someone’s labor went into building that house and Nook fronted the money for that labor.

Yet Tom Nook doesn’t charge interest or late fees (there’s no such thing as late!) No points, no mortgage insurance, no homeowner’s insurance. No broker’s fees or transmission fees or filing fees. No tithe. No tribute. No repo.

Pitch in around town when you feel like it. Pay back when you feel like it. Or don’t.

I thought the “Tom Nook is the villain” stuff was as funny as anybody, but it seems like the entire internet has gone full Bogost on this in the last couple years.

Tom Nook is a funney store rodent!! he wears a cute apron!

He doesn’t need interest or late fees when he’s the sole source of your income and one of the few beneficiaries of your labor. Even if you never pay your loan, he’s still selling the things you find around town at markup. Tom Nook wins off of you no matter what.

me looking at this thread

Discourse about Tom Nook is silly for the same reason all discourse is silly, because the centrist take is so clearly the right one.

Tom Nook is clearly a capitalist, and that’s bad, but he’s really nice (or just really bad at being a capitalist), and that’s good! So Tom Nook is somewhere in between good and bad and that’s the fact kiddos.

(Source: https://twitter.com/itsptmn/status/1040377714983751684)

click link for full thread

Tom Nook is not a capitalist. He’s not even a video game character, on account of Animal Crossing not being a video game (no skull enemies or red keyes.)

Tom Nook is short for Thomas Nookas

more like Tom Crook

All of them

The tek deks

Gone

In my mouth

Gone

This was my favorite line from Blade Runner

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.