We Discuss 'The Last of Us II,' 'Metro Exodus,' 'Dying Light 2,' and More

We got together to discuss our exciting day two (or... five) of E3, including highlights from The Last of Us Part II, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Call of Duty, Dying Light 2, and way, way more!

Discussed: Dying Light 2, Galak-Z Variant S, Zone of the Enders Mars, Resident Evil 2, Rage 2, Metro Exodus, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Cyberpunk 2077, Captain Spirit (Life is strange), Shadow of the Tomb Raider, The Last of Us Part II, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Donut County, Wattam, Outer Wilds, Yakuza Kiwami 2.

You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher. If you're using something else, this RSS link should let you add the podcast to whatever platform you'd like. If you'd like to directly download the podcast, click here. Please take a moment and review the podcast, especially on iTunes. It really helps.

Interaction with you is a big part of this podcast, so make sure to send any questions you have for us to gaming@vice.com with the header "Questions." (Without the quotes!) We can't guarantee we'll answer all of your questions, but rest assured, we'll be taking a look at them.

Have thoughts? Swing by Waypoint’s forums to share them!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/d3ke8z/the-last-of-us-2-metro-exodus-dying-light

I don’t know that Dying Light 2 having a questline of “replace the authoritarian faction’s leader with ‘The Good Dictator’” is overwhelmingly better than the initial side-eye impressions that demo left some with. Plus the idea of Avellone being more of a lore-bible writer than anything has me a little less excited, he mainly shines when he makes a personable introspective thruline through established lore, even if that includes lore he established himself. Nevertheless, at least it sounds at least somewhat interesting to engage with that world’s flourishes, which is in stark contrast to the first game.

I will say that my experience with Metro Redux was that it had a really awkward issue of enemies being incredibly bullet-sponge-y on normal mode, so you pretty much had to play on hard mode for your weapons to pack any punch, but then there were real issues with ammo scarcity and certain boss encounters. I would imagine the demo was on normal mode which might account for some of that sponge, but its a shame that they haven’t managed to balance that any better yet

I am so, so excited for Resident Evil 2. It’s one of my favorite games of all times. I have such great memories of when that came out during my senior year of college when I had a… shall we say… lax schedule. I spent a lot of time in an ahem altered state just creeping around that game dreading what was around every corner. I saw the 20 minutes of game play IGN put out and it’s so cool to see the environment recreated. I wish I didn’t have to wait :frowning: