We Made Our Own Myths in 2017's Photo Modes

Welcome to Waypoint's Pantheon of Games , a celebration of our favorite games, a re-imagining of the year's best characters, and an exploration of 2017's most significant trends.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/qvwvd3/photo-mode-2017-mario-odyssey-assassins-creed

Super cool to have ways to take pics in games and show off some interesting moments. Curious if games will have editing tools for video like camera angles or lighting.

I think that’s the next big phase. Now that photo modes are finally coming into their own, I expect we’ll see some degree of video editing sooner than later.

I definitely feel like we’re about to launch into that. The expansion of Share functionality to include recording videos, which you can then edit for length, feels like the first step towards this – the Switch getting on board definitely indicates that this is the wave of the future.

Super excited to dig into this article, as I’m a huge proponent of photo modes, even if most of my use is using them to be a clown on Twitter…