We Praise ‘Battle Chef Brigade,’ ‘ZombiU,’ And More on Waypoint Radio

Though the holidays can be stressful, time off from work means there's way more time for games! So, there's that. Danika, Austin, Rob, and myself reconvened after Thanksgiving to discuss what everyone played over the brief break, ranging from Battle Chef Brigade to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp to ZombiU (yes, ZombiU!) to Yakuza 0. Because I didn't play any games, however, I was forced to express my ongoing anxiety about having purchased a robot cleaner. Rob didn't make me feel any better.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/3kvxqk/we-praise-battle-chef-brigade-zombiu-and-more-on-waypoint-radio

Surprised that Patrick didn’t talk about That Dragon Cancer in the emails section, I’m a bit of a crybaby wuss but no other game has broken me like that. Though given the subject matter, you’d have to have a pretty strong resolve not to have some kind of emotional reaction to it.

Pretty certain I remember an article about it! :slight_smile:

DANIKAST!

15 characters for that Danikast!

At one point Austin mentioned that there’s other mobile games that are similar to Animal Crossing that he’d rather be playing and I’m curious about what those are. I spent the Thanksgiving break playing AC nonstop but I think I’m done with it because the repetition just isn’t rewarding. It’d be great to hear about alternatives that maybe have more of the surprises that Austin was looking for.