Weekly Thread! If You Were a Boss Fight What Kind Of Boss Fight Would You Be

I think I’d just be this guy (Dark Souls 2 spoiler):

2 Likes

I’m annoyingly punctual so I would tell you early on where and when I will fight you and will be there 10 minutes early. I also have no originality so my boss fight would just be a culmination of various early other boss fights which should make me a breeze if you’ve paid attention.

If I was in a Pokemon game the boss fight would take place in a nightclub and I would say generic club things like “Wow, I can feel the music pulsing through me!” when my Pokemon uses “Metal Sound” (RIP, SOPHIE) or “come on, let’s DANCE to the beats” as Lilligant casts Teeter Dance.

5 Likes

I really want to see a Pokemon ROM hack with the world populated by Waypoint member NPCs now.

Call back to Hiker Rob!

8 Likes

I wanna be like Kuze in Yakuza 0. You gotta fight me, like, at least 10 times

1 Like

toppform: what about toppform?
doctor: toppform? man i could not name a more suckass boss

1 Like

There was that one boss in Control where you go into the refrigerator and the boss’s weapons destroy the ground so you’re both looking down at the ground to make sure you don’t fall, and dodging the boss’s projectiles I liked that boss a lot and would like a similar move-set. I’d also have patronizing 4th wall breaking dialogue like “Oh! Damn! Good try, almost got me” that included tips on how to beat me like “when I do this, punish it like this” that was contextual on how I was beating you

3 Likes

Ideally, the secret to my boss fight would be accessing an .ini in the game’s directory, and there would be some variables you set differently to change my power level or whatever.

2 Likes

sorryimdead

6 Likes

With my general anxiety and imposter syndrome I’d manifest as an ‘end of level one’ boss that seems super difficult and cool but becomes a regular encounter shortly thereafter.

3 Likes

In a similar vein, I’m the mid level mini boss that rolls in with loads of swagger, lookin’ all tough but is a complete push over in a fight.

1 Like