Weekly Thread! What's your power-up food? (CW Food)

Mushrooms make Mario big. Spinach makes Popeye strong.

If you had a power-up food, what would it be, and what power would you gain?

(NOTE: You may say pizza, but you must specify what toppings.)

I would eat hummus, and it would turn me into slime like Alex Mack.

1 Like

Tacos! Allows me to speak Spanish slightly better than a concussed kindergartner

This is an easy one. Pizza gyoza from TMNT 2012: https://www.shezcrafti.com/tmnt-pizza-gyoza-recipe-and-photos/

1 Like

I think onigiri. It’s not actually my favourite food, but I do like it a lot, plus it’s filling without being too heavy. And it’s kind of a natural “power up” food anyway, so it makes logical sense. Probably I’d go with either tuna or umeboshi in specific.

But the extra special one I pull out when I need a REAL power-up would be spam musubi. You can take the guy out of Hawaii, etc., etc.

2 Likes

I was skeptical, but that actually sounds pretty delicious.

1 Like

Based on my consumption habits for the past several months, probably bubble tea. I think my body runs on entirely sugary milk tea and tapioca at this point,

2 Likes

i think i’d have a move where i make myself a nice pourover coffee, it has a super long wind up animation so its kind of a risk/reward thing

4 Likes

Ice pops. I have like three a day. Love them.

I’ve thought about this for a day, and I truly think it’s (zero sugar) energy drinks. It’s such an expensive an inefficient way to get caffeine. Coffee is better for you and cheaper. Caffeine pills work wonders. Wal Mart (I know, I know) sells Great Value branded Crystal Lite powder with caffeine that has twice as much caffeine as Crystal Lite, which are $1.00 for 10 packets. However, there’s something so good about the brightly labeled cans, the tryhard advertising, and the variety of flavors.

When my buddy and I were training really hard for a cancelled-due-to-Covid powerlifting meet, he and I would drink an Orange Dreamsicle Reign. On really hot days where I want a boost I’ll get the non-carbonated Rockstar Orangeade. My wife and I loved splitting Monster Ultra Lights to cram homework while we were jobless in London during the pandemic and needed to just do school and play video games.

They’re expensive. You’re mostly paying for advertising. They’re bad for you (although, I don’t drink the sugar ones because I hate the way it makes my teeth feel). I only buy them at gas stations, but they’re so much cheaper at the grocery store. However, they are mu power-up food.

3 Likes

Flamin’ Hot Sweet Chili Cheetos, they are unreal good. Can’t settle for normal Flamin’ Hots anymore.

2 Likes

Coffee, in fact if I don’t get it I now get migraines. So right under my hunger and thirst bar go ahead and put a coffee bar.

3 Likes

Gummy worms! And naturally, they would make me temporarily stretchy

4 Likes

Got to be my morning bowl of porridge. The larger the oats the better, introduce to cold water with a pinch of salt. Apply gradual heat and stir with spoon handle (the spoon part will get porridge sticking to it). Get some blueberries and chop them up and add to porridge, if it’s the weekend, I may caramalise those instead. Pour over porridge. Get some Almond flakes, lightly toast on a dry pan for less than a minute - apply to porrdige. May want to add a touch of milk to the finished version. Maybe some honey. Maybe some cinnamon. Fills you up for most of the day!

2 Likes

An entire roast chicken that filled my health back to full and made the Streets of Rage sound when I ate it.
Can’t beat perfection!

(we will, of course, ignore the optics of a duck eating a chicken)

4 Likes

Tofu and rice, activating vegan super powers that correspond to how spicy the sauce is.

1 Like