What are you listening to?

There’s my life before seeing the first four videos of this randomly on TV as a kid who should have been asleep at 1am, and my life after. Daft Punk completely rewrote my understanding of cool.

Y’all will be missed

2 Likes

God, steam machine goes

Sorry, I’m cheating and posting more than one fave

Really, the answer for me is all of Random Access Memories. It was such An Album for me. Just as like background music for some very pivotal moments in my life for me, The Standard for testing audio equipment ever since, and the catalyst for me really starting to find a song writing voice (and buying way too many soft synths and a talkbox). It’s very hard for me to really think of the album as separate pieces as I almost always just listen to it in one shot. But if I were forced to pick, it’s Touch

Which made todays epilogue video just that much more painful :frowning:

Runner up Fragments of Time, for being a song I listened to with my Dad a bunch after recommending the album to him

And Robot Rock, because there’s nothing cooler than a Robot actually saying “Robot”

3 Likes

If we’re talking RAM, then I have to give a shout out to the bots for introducing me to Animal Collective

3 Likes

daft punk will last forever.

2 Likes

Okay if others are cheating, I’m gonna cheat too

“And we will never be alone again” hits different with today’s news :pleading_face:

Probably my all-time favorite Daft Punk track. I suck at describing what I like about music, so just give it a listen, please

Finally, gonna cheat some more and drop a couple of mixes they did for DJ Hero. DJ Hero is actually where I first discovered them, and their mixes in particular played a sizeable part in inspiring my decision to start DJing myself.

Another One Bites the Dust vs. Da Funk

Robot Rock vs. We Will Rock You

Megamix 1 (Technologic vs. Around the World vs. Television Rules the Nation)

2 Likes

I forgot about Crescendolls!

The hypest DP track imo, you play this as you speed down the highway at over 120 kph

2 Likes

Alive 2007 is also incredible:

2 Likes

As an aside it’s really cool to see this focused outpouring of love and gushing praise for an artist that is still alive. It hits that much harder given what happened with SOPHIE a few weeks ago.

Daft Punk are legends. They changed the game every time either sonically, influencing the trajectory of pop music, or turning electronic music into the behemoth it is today.

I love all 4 albums in varying capacities but the first will always do it for me the most.

ETA: going to be rude and also put One More Time the most uplifting song ever made (apart from maybe Inspector Norse)

2 Likes

I’m going to make a larger post about the albums I’m listening to at the moment, but for now, I just wanna post a couple songs I can’t stop listening to

black midi - bmbmbm

She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose.
She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose. She moves with a purpose.

Black Country, New Road - Sunglasses

I’M MORE THAN ADEQUATE/LEAVE KANYE OUT OF THIS/LEAVE YOUR SERTRALINE IN THE CABINET/ AND BURN WHAT’S LEFT OF ALL THE CARDS YOU KEPT

It’s really messing with me that both of these bands look like they’re made up of high schoolers

1 Like

Been getting back into Tera Melos. Really, really good math-y rock.

and an obligatory 90s nostalgia cover:

4 Likes