What game are you playing?

Someone mentioned that Into The Breach works on Mac with WINE, and of course it also works perfectly on Linux! :smiley:

Binged it today but going to put the games away tonight so I can get on with essential work.

I finally finished the main story of Xenoblade 2 after about 120 hours. Side-questing and so forth inflated the play time there, yet there was still quite a bit I had left to do. Not to go into it too much, but as a whole I liked this a tiny bit better than Xenoblade 1, especially once I had my head wrapped around the battle system. This is not without reservation; I didn’t care for some of the character design choices or the gatcha system for obtaining blades.

Not sure what to do with myself now…was thinking of either finally playing Xenosaga III, playing Yakuza 0 (never played a Yakuza before) or continuing Nier Automata (still haven’t seen an ending yet in that). And then there’s Bayonetta 1 and 2. Sigh.

I’ve transitioned into a phase of my life where I just accrue licenses and DLC slowly over time.

I think I hit burnout on Into the Breach finally, so I’m diving into the copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 I’ve had laying around for a while.

KH1 sure is an… early oughts game, innit? I’m still having fun, though, I think even outside of the deep, personal nostalgia.

I’ll be real with y’all, I’ve played a lot of College Hoops 2K6 over the past week. It’s march and I’ve got the ol’ college basketball bug (despite the obvious moral implications of that game’s existence)

I have one more C-Side left in Celeste after almost forty hours, and I don’t know what I’m going to play once it’s finished. I might finish Moss, or Shadow of the Colossus, or maybe I’ll dig into the backlog. Still have to play Horizon Zero Dawn. Might go back to Overwatch for a bit. So many options.

Bloodborne… through Remote Play on my partner’s PS4 500 miles away.

This sounds real bad, but on a half-decent connection–after a lot of fenangling out Remote Play’s unaddressed quality bugs and adjusting Nvidia video player settings to make the stream actually have the right color balance–it’s not so bad.

Plus I justify the slight input lag with the idea that any good Souls game should be more than doable with that limitation. It’s made the lack of perfection that bonfires were more apparent, but post-Gascoigne I’ve been having a damn fine time.

Nobody told me this game is legitimately scary also. I knew it was witchy and rad but not as legit horrifying or unsettling as it actually is. I just passed a point where I couldn’t tell if positional ambient noise was howling wind or howling undead, and that’s excessively good.

Oh, I can’t wait… hee hee…

I recently had the urge to go back into Hyper Light Drifter. I played it around the time when it came out but it didn’t really click with me for whatever reason. I liked it, but it sort of came and went, you know? Going back, I feel like I’ve fallen under it’s spell. I’m about halfway done and it’s finally really working for me. I love the whole world of the game and the cryptic nature of it (what do those stone tablets even do??), and I’ve really gotten a feel for the deliberate combat. It’s not a game where smashing that mf square button wins you fights, which I think is something I didn’t quite wrap my head around before. Also many parts of the world are legitimately upsetting, which is not something I had expected from looking at it.

I’ve finally started falling off of Monster Hunter World (at least until more monsters and the PC release) so I reinstalled Bloodborne to celebrate it being the PS+ game of the month, mainly because now I don’t need to stand up to put the disc in.

Currently stuck on Amelie because I forgot just how bad this game’s healing system is. I constantly have no blood vials, and I really really don’t want to go farm out echoes or vials just to lose them against this damn boss. I’ve already killed Paarl and the Witches so I pretty much have to farm, and that sucks.

Into the Breach is wonderful and I try to get at least an achievement a day, now that I’m down to 20 left. That and Picross Touch have become daily staples in my life, and it’s nice to have something that’s a little more mindless while still being engaging.

All the cyberpunk chatter going around brought me back to playing RUINER because I had the urge to listen to its unbelievably good soundtrack again and just wander around that chill hub world.

Also been playing a fair amount of Battlefield 1. There is a ridiculous amount of maps they’ve added to it at this point and I’m surprised at how much I like the vast majority of them (Passchendaele is one of the most nightmarish, striking looking maps I think I’ve ever seen in a multiplayer game). This wasn’t a thing I would’ve ever expected to put 100+ hours in but here I am. It turns out DICE is very skilled at making video games when EA doesn’t try and destroy their hard work and good name by littering it with pay-to-win nonsense, go figure.

They’ve also added some wild achievements involving destroying a plane with a tripwire Bomb and getting 25 melee kills in a life so you occasionally run into desperate people doing dumb shit for them and it’s wonderful

Ruiner’s soundtrack is amazing. Sidewalks and Skeletons - Sleep Paralysis fucking goes.

Every time “Duel 35” plays I enter a trance state not induced by a game since Hotline Miami like 6 years ago. It’s something else.

I do wish the game played a bit better. Not the biggest fan of the combat system but it’s still very good and combined with the music and artstyle it is a pretty fantastic game. Also in an age where lots of games are 30+ hours, a game I can beat in less than 5 hours is actually pretty welcomed by me.

Agreed! The combat’s not perfect but it’s so consistently frenetic and such a delight to look at that I was willing to overlook some issues. Biggest gripe for me was the lack of variety in the environments which is a real shame. Excited to see whatever that studio puts out next, for a first game RUINER is really impressive. It’s a team made up of former Witcher and Dying Light devs so I’m pumped for whatever they have in store

I keep finding myself distracted by the sidequests, to the point where I need to be really careful I don’t fall off this game before completing it. Three months and counting on this title now, and haven’t maxed out one Affinity tree (I know, I have no idea how I have managed that either). At the middle (I think) of chapter 8, so not all that far to go I don’t think, but my last 30 minutes of wandering around have started two blade side quests and I am really tempted to go do them. Heck I don’t even use these bloody blades, yet I feel compelled to finish their story. I don’t have time for this, I have Never Stop Sneakin’ and Oxenfree on the machine, untouched. But I cannot tear myself away from this game.

God, I feel so behind. There’s so many games I need to play, and I can only play one at a time. I finished Wolfenstein: The New Colossus two weeks ago, but all I could think about while I was playing was Iconoclasts. I finished Iconoclasts last week, but all I could think about while I was playing was Endless Space 2. Now I’m playing Endless Space 2 and all I can think about is Into The Breach (and Stellaris, and Subnautica, and Monster Hunter World).

I still need to go back and finish Night in the Woods and Hyper Light Drifter. I installed Lone Echo, Tacoma, Slay The Spire, Hellblade, and Battle Chef Brigade, but who knows when I’ll finally get around to them.

Also Heaven Will Be Mine is coming out at some point in Q1, and based on my time with it at MAGFest this year, I know I’m gonna drop whatever I’m playing and switch to that whenever it comes out. But I really want to play We Know The Devil before I do so that I’m prepared.

Wait, was that confirmed? I never saw anything about a release date.

Also, you should play We Know The Devil now, because besides being very good, it is also very short. You could knock it out in a night.

I’m playing the entirety of Metal Gear Solid guys, I’m doing it. I never played MGS2 or Rising (which according to a lot of people counts among the series’a best work) and I’m halfway through 4 right now and BOY do I have some thoughts about this whole series. Playing Survive completely bemused me and now I have to see it all in short order to develop a holistic take on this weird thing.

It doesn’t have an actual date, but the promotional material I saw at MAGFest specified Q1. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets pushed though, considering Q1 is almost over.

I took some pictures of the demo if you’re interested: https://twitter.com/kpaxx/status/954924630636220416?s=21