What is the best smelling candle?

We all know everyone is sniffing up in the candle aisle but which one is it that you are most drawn to?

Personally I love a good cinnamon or vanilla.

1 Like

vanilla cardamom and ginger peach are my two favorite that i’ve come across

2 Likes

Once the weather gets anything under 70 i’m busting out a pine scented candle for a solid 6 months.

I always love them they’re so refreshing.

I usually think most candles are too sweet.

2 Likes

Green apple though I really like the artificial apple smell.

1 Like

Is there a good place to get a bulk load of different candles?

I’ve been waiting for this thread all my life.

My personal favorite candles come from a place I found in Virginia when I lived there for like 6 months. They made woodwick soy candles, and they have one called Mermaid Cove and it smells slightly sweet and slightly salty and was very smooth in terms of smell-texture. I’m crushed that I didn’t buy the three-wick before I moved, but I would have never been able to fit it in my suitcase. I still have a small tin with the rest of the wax in it tho…

I like candles with tropical scents, but they have to be the right kind of sweet. Sweet like some flowers and fruits are sweet, not like sugar is sweet. I cannot do a vanilla candle. They’ve always given me headaches and I’m not sure why.

4 Likes

I actually have an answer for this, which is that Yankee Candle still does little votive candles that are like $2 each so you can buy samplers. B&BW used to have minis, and some physical locations still might, but they don’t have them online as far as I’ve seen. Those are the only two I can think of though, since tea lights aren’t usually scented since they’re used mostly for wax or oil melts these days.

1 Like

I don’t like most scented candles. One of the few exceptions is one we got at a local craft fair that’s tomato vine scented. It smells like tomato plants and so smells like summer and in the middle of a midwestern winter there is nothing better.

Always the woodsy ones for me. Also like a nice minty/herbal scent. Excited for it to get cold so I can do the damn thing.

1 Like

I love the scent “Fireside” from Woodwick Candles. The crackling of the wick combined with its warm, spiced woodsy smell is the best (especially when it’s cold out).

Target recently started selling Nature’s Wick candles and I tried the Amber Patchouli scent. It’s similar to fireside but lighter in intensity. I feel nice and cozy just thinking about it!

Anyway if you haven’t tried a candle with a woodwick you gotta give it a go. Nothing like a lil crackling flame.

1 Like

The best scent from any candle is when you blow it out and it gives off that smoky burnt wick aroma. Smells like birthdays. :kissing::dash:

1 Like

I like any of the nature-y scents (flowers, wood-related stuff, etc.) and dislike many of the dessert scented candles.

I swear I have never felt so seen in my life :sob:

1 Like

99be8311d745c1577148e55812971e67

4 Likes

Regular ass candle, especially the smell when you blow out the flame, add any more scent to it and it’s too much for me. I’ll just end up only smelling that, like standing near someone with a strong perfume.

1 Like