I dunno about y’all but I am a sucker for New Year’s Resolutions and resolutions in general. A reason to promise myself I am going to change something? Hell yeah, sign me up. Can’t say I always keep them but boy do I love making a list at the end of each year.
Typically when I make these lists of resolutions I keep them to myself but this time around I thought it would be fun to share some resolutions with others. You know, maybe sharing will help keep me honest and committed to these goals… maybe something someone else has in mind will inspire me… etc.
So, here are some of my resolutions for 2020 I intend to keep it. Would love to hear what other folks may have in store for the new year.
- Keep a daily journal
- Write a haiku every day (I did this for a few months in 2019 and it proved to be a really nice, meditative exercise; it was also more manageable than writing true journal entries on a daily basis)
- Read more in general (I used to tell myself I had to read a minimum of 52 books a week but that has changed as life has changed and I find myself with less time for reading… bummer)
- Learn how to make kombucha at home
- Minimize screen time where possible (e.g. don’t look at your phone when taking the train to work, when walking places, waiting for people, etc.)
- No buying new video games until a good faith effort is made on everything currently owned (I don’t have a huge backlog but wouldn’t it be nice to have no backlog)
- Learn about birds