Whatcha Cooking? [Food Pictures]

Forgot to post this, but last week I tried my hand at making some ropa vieja. Seared a flank steak and threw it in a slow cooker with some tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced peppers, and onions.

Also attempted making corn tortillas for the first time. Didn’t flatten them enough, so they came out a little thick :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Ooooh, that looks good.

1 Like

Ooh, I’ve wanted to try making corn tortillas for a long time. Would you recommend your recipe?

I don’t even know if I’d call it a ‘recipe’ per se :sweat_smile:. I just bought some yellow corn masa flour and followed the instructions on the package. Just a matter of getting the correct ratio of flour to water (and I added a pinch of salt as well)

1 Like

I just made tacos with leftover bison pot roast and I would be okay eating this forever.

I don’t know why the photo is upside down, somehow that’s how flavor town goes.

4 Likes

I’m still messing with the dough recipe (this one could have used a bit more water) but wow, making pizza on a pizza stone is so much better than without!

3 Likes

Made a Halloween dinner.

7 Likes

A phalanx of coconut macaroons (I think that’s the English name for them?)

4 Likes

Yes they are. Well done.

1 Like

Holiday baking continues! I believe English just uses the German name for this kind of thing: Stollen.
I was a little bit nervous because this is supposed to be difficult to make, but maybe making lots of small pieces (confectionary?) is much more forgiving than one big loaf.

7 Likes

20201116_010408

Pressed sandwich with leftover ratatouille and a jar of roasted red peppers I had sitting in the cupboard.

5 Likes

A big birthday is coming up (my 40th!) and I’ve made Käsesahnetorte (cheese cream tart?) in preparation:

I’m going to have to freeze most of it since I live alone and am not going to invite guests. And, even though this is my favourite cake of all time, I don’t really want to eat a piece every day for an entire fortnight* :wink:

*) I had to really concentrate to not spell it Fortnite…

9 Likes

That looks good as fuck, yo.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll post a picture of a slice in a few days :slight_smile:

Happy Thanksgiving Apple pie!

5 Likes

So in lieu of a party with guests I decided to treat myself all day on my 40th birthday. Part of that was food, starting with breakfast:

Homemade fluffy white bread with curd and strawberry jam, hot cocoa and a soft-boiled egg.

Then lunch:

A slice of liver with fried apples and onions, potatoes and some (store-bought) mousse au chocolat for dessert. I know you can’t really see the liver, but I promise you it’s under there, and it was amazing :drooling_face:

In the afternoon, a slice of the cake I showed off earlier:

It sagged a little bit in the fridge because it didn’t cool fast enough, but still held together. And the taste turned out just perfect!

9 Likes

happy 40th.

that is an incredible day of eating.

2 Likes

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, comrade.

2 Likes

“Cooking” is extremely stretching it this time. Since Hijiyama in 13 Sentinels would eat five Yakisoba Pan a day, I had to try it. It’s a Yakisoba Ramen sandwich, an extremely* inauthentic one

Maybe one day I’ll put in the trouble and cook up a proper one with Japanese bread and Japanese mayo and pickled garlic. But for now, this is quite good. *

8 Likes

Pumpkin Muffins!

6 Likes