What's everyone's 2017 backlog looking like?

In a year that’s started as well as 2017 has for games, I’ve already ended up with a list of games released that I haven’t been able to get to. So far, I still want, and need to find time, to play:

-Night in the Woods
-Flinthook
-Gravity Rush 2
-What Remains of Edith Finch
-GNOG
-The Sexy Brutale

…and also maybe Tumbleseed and I should probably get around to Bayonetta now that it’s on PC. Anyone else got a list growing?

Zelda is the gaping hole in my life that cannot yet be filled.

Horizon Zero Dawn and Nier are my two must plays so far that I haven’t gotten around to yet.

Also Breath of the Wild when I get a Switch in 3 years.

Tales of Berseria, Yakuza 0. As already mentioned Breath of the Wild if I ever get a Switch/see a Switch in stock somewhere on this green Earth.

I’ve done alright so far this year, though. Finished RE7, Nier, Persona, and Nioh.

I don’t really care about playing a game right when it comes out anymore, my backlog is too deep. Currently, I have around 120 games in my “to play asap” category. But the ones I most desperately want to try right now are:

• Event[0]
  • Curious Expedition
  • Stephen’s Sausage Roll
  • The ending of The Witness (finally finish the last few puzzles)
  • More Armello
  • Subnautica
  • Shovel Knight
  • Slime Rancher
  • Dragons Dogma
    and, let’s say,
  • More Trackmania

I can’t think in terms of ‘backlog’ any more. Too much stuff I’d quite like to play comes out to worry about it as a backlog, and so I’ve sort of made peace with the fact that I’ll get round to them or I won’t. Rather than having some list in my head the only way I can operate is to play games as the mood takes me.

That’s somewhat freeing, because now I’m through the games I simply had to play in the first bit of 2017, and I’m freeeee. I can play NieR: Automata through again if I want to (well, actually, I already did that), or I can go back to Undertale finally.

The two that come to mind are Titanfall 2 and Zelda. Just need some time to sit down and give each a proper playthrough. Been too stuck on other games to rip myself away.

Think I might stop my Zelda wandering and plough through the 2 Divine Beasts and Gannon I have left, want to finish Nioh at some point and am probably going to pick up Nier because my friends will not shut up about it

Jesus. So much.

• Gravity Rush 2
  • Forza Horizon 3
  • Hollow Knight
  • VA-11 HALL-A
  • Maybe finish Andromeda
  • Finish Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Finish Persona 5
  • Maybe finish For Honor

I dunno. After Prey, there should be a decent window to clean things up. But also I can’t stop playing PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS. I just can’t stop.

I really want to get around to playing Zelda, Horizon, Nier, Edith, and Person 5. Right now I plan to play Prey and then Nier. Then we’ll have to see what I have time for. So much to play.

Still just playing Breath of the Wild. I have 2 Device Beasts left, and I’m thinking its time to just get though it and start on some other stuff. Can always pick it back up when the DLC hits.

My list so far List so far Horizon, Nier, Persona, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza, Night in the Woods, and Nioh. And I’m still kinda interested in giving Mass Effect a shot. There just so much other stuff that’s higher on the list at this point.

And I still have my “Witcher Save of Shame” waiting. Got to Skellige right before start Zelda and haven’t touched it since.

Basically every single game released in 2017. I want to play Zelda but I’m not going to buy a Switch just for that game. I just don’t have the desire to play every single game that comes out anymore. The only 2017 game I’ve played is PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, and that is an awsome game.

Good news, then, is that Titanfall won’t take too much of your time - campaign is quick. One evening should be sufficient.

My backlog grows far faster than the amount of media I consume. My anime backlog is a much bigger priority than my games backlog tbh but here is a smattering from my steam:
Stardew Valley
Furi
Shadow of Mordor

So far this year, I’ve started but haven’t finished:

• Gravity Rush 2
  • Dishonored 2
  • Zelda: BotW

But I also bought and haven’t yet played (or haven’t substantially played):

• Persona 5
  • Tumbleseed
  • Has Been Heroes
  • Fast RMX
  • Kamiko
  • Snake Pass
  • and probably a few others I’ve forgotten…

Horizon has firmly entered backlog status for me. Which sucks, because I stopped off at a really fascinating plot point - and I want to resolve that cliffhanger ASAP. But Nier takes priority. Plus stuff just keeps coming out - I’m excited for Prey, but also hope it doesn’t take up too much time.

Horizon and Nier are the two I definitely want to play but haven’t had the chance to yet.

I also still really want to go back and get through Dishonored 2 but the PC version seems like it’s still not great- at least on my machine. At this point I might wait for some big discount on a console version and play through it there.

I’m insane so I’ve managed to finish everything interesting that’s come out so far, except Nier. Ugh, I was in the middle of route B when Persona 5 came out, oh, about 70 game hours ago. Prey coming out on Friday is not helping things!

I poured 74 hours into Mass Effect Andromeda, which means I’ve had to backtrack to Zelda (about 8 hours in currently). I need to start Horizon Zero Dawn, but that probably won’t be until July at this rate.

Finish: Final Fantasy XV, The Destiny Collection, & LoZ: BOTW
Start: The Witcher trilogy, Oxenfree, Nier: Automata
Buy: Injustice 2, MvC: Infinite