What's your Pet's name, and what do you actually call them?

This is Duncan. Her last foster owner (well last before me since I wound up adopting her) called her Ducky/Duck because she likes to quack. I usually call her Duck or Duncan. She’s 27, but I’ve only had her for the past 4 years.

oh my gosh she’s beautiful! what breed is she? birds are a gift to us on earth which we do not deserve.

Thank you! She’s a yellow-collared macaw, which is a species of mini macaw. Is the cutie in your profile pic your bird?

yep! it’s my beautiful boy ji yong the parrotlet - pics up the page, but here are some more, for safety!!!

I LOVE MY SON

I scrolled up the page to see if I could find him in the thread, but I must have missed the post. I love parrotlets. Ji yong is beautiful.

This is Morty. I tend to stick with Morty or Morts, but Morchephus, Mortificus, Momo, and a few others I can’t really think of right now are what I usually end up calling him.

Also GOOD PETS everyone this is a very good thread.

I love the poses he strikes with one of his talons up in the air. Fancy boy.

Meet Crimini.

Also known as Crimini Good Boy.

Kitty Good Boy

Fuzzy Fuzzkins.

Fuzzy Fuzz-u-wan-oh

Captain Q Fuzz Pants

Buddy

Admiral Fuzz

Floofy Floofkins

Scritch Master C

Crimini Furry Britches

And the endless subject of parody songs I sing to him while I clean dishes. Like Devo’s Whip it, for instance:

WHEN A KITTY COMES ALONG
YOU MUST SCRITCH HIM
WHEN HIS TAIL IS PRETTY LONG
YOU MUST SCRITCH HIM

NOW SCRITCH HIM
SCRITCH GOOD

This is Oolong

But mostly she goes by You Little Terror

Look at her, the little terror.

I have a cat Loki
usually I call him “Little bastard”

This is Radar, aka
Rabar
Ray-bee
Ray Baby
Gremlin

And here’s Sassagoula! Official nickname: Sassy. More likely to be called…
Sassafrass
Sassagoo
Gooby/Goobus
Gumby/Gumbo
Scoobert
Sasshole

And both of them are subject to being called any variety of random nonsense syllables that come to our minds at any given moment, too. But judging from the rest of this incredible thread, I think that’s just part of being a pet. :sparkling_heart::dog::cat::sparkling_heart:

Gispert, aka Gissy, Gis, Baby Bear, Bubby, Ba-Ba

Molly, Miss Molly, Pretty Princess, Kit Kat

Putnam (Putt, putt-putt baby boy, horse, Punpun, stinker, stinky) and Nora (bean, beanie, lady, meatloaf)

I dont have any pics but my cat’s name is Fidget but I always just call her Cat. My dog’s name is Pogo, but I always just call her Cat.

This is Moon. We adopted her in 2011 and gave her an official middle name Rover. She is a beagle/German Shepherd mix and the sweetest goofball around. She has many nicknames but here are the primary names:
Moonie
Moon Pie
Moondoggle
Moonster
Bean bag
Bean
Goober
Smelly Baby
Fart dog

My cat is named Boots, but she was “adopted” (she was supposed to be a cat-sitting situation for only a few weeks, but owners never wanted her back; their loss) with that name already.

I call her Boo, Boo-Boo, Booty-Boo, and Baby.