What's your "Phoenix down" moment?

I just found out Robert Pattinson is British and apparently I’m the only one of my friends that had no idea. I feel betrayed.

I was today years old when I first said “Han Seoul-Oh” out loud.

1 Like

Wait, what? As in, it sounds like “shorn” when said with a British accent? Or is it something else I’m not getting?

No, you got it. I’m just dense. (And not a native English speaker, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!)

Then I’m dense too, and I am a native speaker ^^

Shaun the Sheep’s got me thinking about how DARE by Gorillaz is called that because Shaun Ryder can’t pronounce “it’s there” in his thick Mancunian accent.

3 Likes

I just realized that “The Muppets” is not a random name; they’re puppets. :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Specifically, a mixture of “mannequin” and “puppet”

2 Likes

*marionette, and puppet
though henson apparently later recanted this explanation as they’re not actually very much like marionettes

2 Likes

The definitive take on this:

6 Likes

So, Megadimension Neptunia VII is the 4th main game the Neptunia franchise. I always read the bit at the end as seven in roman numerals and thought it was a joke about numbers in JRPG titles or something along those lines.

But apparently, it’s supposed to be read as Vee Two because it’s a direct sequel to a game called Hyperdimension Neptunia V(ictory).
And to make things extra nonsensical, the next Neptunia game is called VVVtunia but isn’t a sequel to VII despite having three Vs in the title.