Whoa, ~๐ŸŽƒ~spooky~๐ŸŽƒ~ picture!

Inspired by @bonfire_litโ€™s post in the spooky stories thread, I thought it might be fun to share ~spooky~ photos that you just canโ€™t seem to forget!
trig_ceremonies_large

This is from a Vassar College โ€œTrig Ceremonyโ€ where sophomores warned freshmen about the difficulties that awaited them in Trigonometry, the last required math class at the school. There would be food, a play, and usually the burning of some kind of effigy.

Do you have a favorite strange, unsettling image? Share it below!

Yeah abandoned places always spook me out.

Iโ€™m sure everyone knows this pic by now (not that that makes it better)
rundown-clown-train-at-amusement-park

aaaaaaaaaaaAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I hadnโ€™t seen this before but thanks for sharing the Nier: Automata screenshot.

This is from a hotel thatโ€™s nearby the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Itโ€™s called the Baker Hotel and itโ€™s absolutely creepy.

Not an image, but a recent 2017 addiction of mine has been Urban Exploration youtube channels where they look at creepy locations like this

Iโ€™ve also recently gotten in to watching Dan Bellโ€™s videos for largely the same reasons, but Iโ€™m skeptical of some of his stuff because if you watch enough of it, itโ€™s pretty clear he does a bit of editing to heighten the creep-factor. Iโ€™m never quite sure if heโ€™s being 100% truthful of the things he shows, some of which are outrageous. (Iโ€™m sure heโ€™s more truthful than not, but I think he knows what his audience wants in terms of content and definitely gooses things a little bit)

Anyway, my contribution to this thread would be this:

Itโ€™s kind of a rad picture, but if you try to imagine actually looking at something like that itโ€™s terrifying

This page has a few other good vintage ones.

Those of you with a nervous disposition might want to look away now from the scariest picture ever takenโ€ฆ

(โ€ฆ you have been warned!)

(Scary image courtesy of Look Around You.)

This is a scallop. Those little glowing blue bits are its eyes. It swims around by rapidly opening and closing itself.

Shellfish are really weird.