Would you pay for Waypoint premium subscription?

I would definitely be willing to pay for the current Waypoint content (maybe with an extra “premium only” podcast) but it’s a bit of a chicken/egg situation. I don’t think I’d feel comfortable paying the same as I would for say, Giant Bomb, purely on the basis that Waypoint is no longer able to produce video content. However if money from a similar subscription model would allow them to do video as well as audio (if that’s even something they’d be interested in) then I would happily support a higher subscription fee.

What do you guys think?

Wait, since when can Waypoint not do video content? I clearly wasn’t paying attention.

Anyway, I would definitely do it, as Waypoint is the only outlet I consistently follow other than GB, but I imagine making video content all the time would be difficult without the support of freakin’ CBS.

ye   

see here: Disconnect Between Forum and Site

Austin addresses this type of query recently (post citation):

The post that @juv3nal links to is also worth looking at too.

Absolutely.

(P.S.)

whispers: pssssst, how the heck did you not run into the minimum character requirement? You can trust me, I won’t tell…

kcin if you tell him im probating you

Damn, for the next 24 hours the previous two posts are going to look ominous as hell.

the only messages in my inbox are warnings from the mods for previous infractions, and requests for my secret knowledge. i know which ones to heed

Abolish the character limit, now! Free shitposts for everyone!

?    

Bastards! I knew you were keeping secrets from us!

Rise up, my fellow posters, against the tyranny of the less-than-15’s!

:scream:

(it’s a conspiracy, I tell ya)

So, I actually think something Austin touched on there is that it almost doesn’t matter how many people on the forums would. I would categorize anyone who actually went through the trouble of signing up for a forums account as a diehard fan of waypoint. Forums are, generally, full of the most passionate and involved people in any fanbase but are a small % of total users. I’m sure a lot of people here would be willing to pay for a premium subscription but I don’t know that is going to make the kind of business case they actually need for something like that.

I was thinking about this today and realized I would pay $10/month (Canadian) for a zine that featured stuff from the site’s favourite freelancers and artists. But it would need to be a physical item that they mail to my damn house. Or maybe it could be $20 quarterly like Killscreen was.

What I don’t want (or have time for) is a glorified Let’s Play subscription service like Giant Bomb premium.

I hadn’t even thought of something like a zine. That would be incredible!

Yup, I’d pay. Podcast sub, zine, video content, gimme :beers:

I would love to, but as others have mentioned seems unlikely at least for the short-term due to all the issues with maintaining such a system. I would love to pay to get the Video content back ( I need to see Tactical Tuesdays come back ) and extra Podcast’s are always awesome. I would pay a sub in a heart beat, sounds like it’s something Austin is in favour of but reliant on the business case being there, hopefully at some point it is.