WP Community Games Collection - July 2017

During Episode 84 of Waypoint Radio, a question was asked regarding Waypoints suggested games to play. I’ve had a bit of a fascination with keeping track of the best games to come out over the past few years, so I thought while the WP staff figure out how to do deal with the site curation, we could run a community collection of games that we collectively think are worth attention alongside it.

This post and others to come would be monthly, at the end of the month, to curate a collection of the games that the WP community played, enjoyed or at least are of interest.

Any suggestions for the thread or games that you think should be on here are welcome!

Here’s what we have so far:

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
A remake of the 2006 controversial entry in the series, with additions such as a fast-forward button and the inclusion of the job system.

The End is Nigh
A hard as nails 2D platformer from the makers of The Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy. Has more considered platforming than SMB, giving you time to decide where to go rather than just pelting through each level. The game is filled with crazy secrets that likely won’t be fully discovered for some time.

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
A cute as heck open world adventure game / farming sim with zero combat. Has a gorgeous art style and is a good chill out game.

Splatoon 2
Nintendo’s traditionalist sequel to the Wii U wonder. Third person shooting meets firefighting meets paintball. Truly the freshest of experiences.

Pyre
The beautiful 3rd project from the makers of Bastion and Transistor. Is part visual novel storytelling, part deep tactical sports game. Extremely good lore.

Sundered
A 2D lovecraftian metroidvania with an interesting mechanic for gaining and using power. From the makers of Jotun.

Am I missing anything special released in July 2017? Let me know below!

Fortnite seems to really be picking up steam over here, so I think it’d be a pretty worthy addition to the list.

Prey and Night In The Woods seem worthy of a mention

Not from July but Dead Cells continues to add to its beta content with a new Who’s Your Daily patch adding daily runs and a few minor touches. I’ve yet to beat a daily (they’re a lot tougher than the actual game and they’re structured a bit differently) but one time I seem to have managed to run out of keys and straight up not be able to finish the level??? Needs some kinks working out but having a daily mode is a good way to stretch longevity out of any run based game.