Y'all like Titanfall?

yo there is a waypoint network on pc. so get on that if you’re looking to get back in. the new prime look fucking rad

It’s a support titan, so I find best hang back whilst other titans waddle off into the fray. You can use the beam to nick an enemy’s shield. I think you can also use it to empower your allied titans, so good if a Legion is going in. When you get into a jam, it’s good to keep an obstacle between you and the enemy titan, then you can use the reload function which immediately gives you another shield laser or a rocket salvo. Haven’t got to grips with the titan completely yet. It’s great for taking down infantry obviously, but the chain gun is pretty much the weakest of all the titan weaponry.

There’s some incredible art being submitted to r/titanfall’s 2nd art contest. Check out more of the submissions here and vote here for your favorite one to be in the r/titanfall sidebar. Click on the pictures to view them at a higher resolution.

Some of these are quite good! Like the black-and-white one a lot.

This reminds me of something that I’ve always wondered about: I’ve always felt that the art design of Titanfall has been terrific, especially the pilot models in multiplayer. Having no deep lore to tie things down let Respawn experiment with some interesting designs, even if they’re just goofy-cool touches (does that one robot pilot have a bandana?).

But I keep thinking that the Stalkers and the Reapers stick out as being kind of boring-looking, and I wonder how they ended up coming out like that. Or maybe it’s just that you can’t really compete with the Phase pilot and Titans, respectively?

Simalucrum bots are dope as hell.

I would really, really like a Destiny style game set in the Titanfall universe.

An Angry Albino did an amazing Any% speedrun of Titanfall 2 today at SGDQ, with the world record holder of Any% Bryonato commentating over it. Check out the VOD for today’s run, and skip to the start of it at 8:30.

A trailer for the new DLC is releasing tomorrow.

The next DLC focuses on Frontier Defense, and also includes 2 new maps (1 regular, 1 Live Fire). It will be available on July 25th.

Frontier Defense:

• Co-op 4 player mode.
  • Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
  • Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
  • Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
  • There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
  • New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
  • Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
  • New, challenging enemy types to battle.
  • 5 maps supported at launch:
    Forwardbase Kodai
    War Games
    Blackwater Canal
  • We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in the future.

We’ll be showing more of Frontier Defense in an upcoming tutorial video around launch.

Map: Rise

Long sight lines and tight quarters dictate the battle in this abandoned desert reservoir. The towering, sheer walls and a system of convenient zip lines provide Pilots with means to get around quickly while Titans do battle in the long corridors below. Pilots can also set up ambushes in the guts of this complex pipeworks, while titans can lock down large sections of the battlefield at critical junctures. Tread carefully.

Live Fire Map: Township

A new modular construction of a residential firefight. Cover is sparse for Pilots bold enough to leave the safety of a few houses. Windows and rooftops decide who controls the map, but dense interiors can always hold surprises.

In this DLC we’ll be introducing new Elite Warpaints for weapons and Titans that you can buy. These will not only look awesome but also provide XP Boosts.

Elite Warpaints for Weapons:

Each Elite Weapon Warpaint below will give you a chance for double xp just for you and a merit boost for you and your team. These must be owned but do not have to be equipped to earn the boost. They also look pretty awesome. You’ll also be able to purchase these in a bundle for a limited time [bundle sale ends 8.28.2017]

Limited Edition Titan Warpaints for Frontier Defense [ends 8.28.2017]

Each skin will give you and your team an XP boost for Frontier Defense and this boost is stackable. The skin will also have a shoulder piece on the upper arm that will upgrade visually when you complete each difficulty in Frontier Defense.

The warpaints for Titans will be available to buy until 8.28.2017. After that they are gone forever so don’t miss out!

The cosmetics are viewable in the news post.

Free Trial:

On July 28th through the 30th we will be hosting another free trial for Titanfall 2 on all platforms. You will have access to the training gauntlet, the single player mission, The Beacon, and full access to multiplayer during this time. If you want to get a head start you can download the demo version of Titanfall 2 right now and play training and The Beacon in the meantime and you’ll be good to go when we flip on multiplayer on the 28th.

This looks amazing! Town map is something I’ve been waiting for!

Can I just say I got super excited at the line

Titanfall Assault is a real-time strategy game based in the Titanfall universe

only to have it finished with

being developed in partnership with Particle City and Nexon for mobile.

I would drop $60 on a PC Titanfall RTS in a heartbeat…

Looking forward to Frontier Defense, it was so great in the first game. Especially when you were doing all those challenges to regenerate to the next level. It’s just nice to be able to get the beat down of all those AI enemies without a pilot coming to execute you from behind.

Big fan of Rise as well. One of the maps you can literally wall run around the entire map without ever having to touch the floor. Art design is great too, the way you drop in on what you think is a flat desert but actually has this underground complex built deep into it.

I’ve read some comments elsewhere about how people are pissed off with them recycling maps from the first Titanfall, but I loved playing those maps all the same and am glad they’re being incorporated into the Titanfall 2. People always complained about a lack of content for the first Titanfall but the maps were all so good, with so many different ways to play them, it was one of the reasons why I kept playing that game. Hope they bring back Backwater and Swampland back on the playlist.

Just wanted to add to the Titanfall love.

My only regret is not being able to play it more. Having a young baby means when I do get time to game I’m not feeling like a fast paced shooter, if I even mange to stay awake at all.

I do find 2 much harder than 1. I used to be able to hold my own well in the first without being particularly good at any one thing. Now I seem to get destroyed fairly easily. I think the game is more punishing about being up high and maybe the aim assist is a tad stronger. Dunno.

I play on xbox, which seems to be the least played format. Then again, like I said, I barely play get time to play anyway!

The patch notes for Operation Frontier Shield are out.

Added more out of bounds triggers to Complex.
New stats page for maps, including tracking of Frontier Defense difficulty levels.
Visual improvements for Weapon and Titan stats pages.

Ogre class Titans now have a baseline of 1 dash with a 10 second cooldown.
Turbo Engine will now reduce cool down of Scorch and Legion’s dashes to 5 seconds. It will still behave the same as before for other Titan classes.
Overcore now gives 20% core meter.
Electric Smoke unlocks at 20% instead of 25%.

Sword Block damage reduction reduced by 5%.

Scorch will now have 1 dash charge with a 10 second cooldown.
Increased Firewall’s width.
Scorch Kits
Wildfire Launcher now increases the direct-hit damage of the Thermite Launcher. It still increases the amount of fire spread.
Scorched Earth’s lingering fire lasts longer.
Tempered Plating now makes Scorch immune to crits and his own thermite damage.
Fixed a bug with Flame Core not igniting Incendiary Traps.

Legion will now have 1 dash charge with a 10 second cooldown.
Hidden Compartment: Power Shot has two charges and Power Shot damage is reduced by 15%.

XO-16 base magazine size increased to 40 rounds.
Reduced the strength of the slow effect of Energy Siphon.
Slightly reduced effectiveness of Arc Rounds against Vortex Shield and Heat Shield.
Multi-Target Missile System no longer locks onto cloaked targets.

Aim Assist settings have been modified for Assault Rifles and SMGs.
ARs and SMGs require you to be aiming closer to your target before any ADS assist takes effect.
Reduced the overall effectiveness of ADS assist for Assault Rifles.
Titan Hunter kit modified to be 10% extra Titan meter from damage instead of 10% Titan Meter on Titan Kill.

Phase Shift
Now has just 1 charge, but recharges faster.

Medium and long damage significantly reduced.
One of the positive changes we saw in the High TTK playlist was the increase of weapon diversity. It is our hope that between the Aim Assist nerf and this SMG nerf, we’ll see weapon diversity increased across all three platforms.

Reduced fire rate.

Reduced fire rate: In this particular instance, we felt that the reduced fire rate simply made the gun feel better since the gun stabilizes better between shots.

Slightly reduced damage at medium range. It still has the best medium range damage of any Assault Rifle.

No longer locks onto cloaked targets.

Smart Pistol
No longer locks onto cloaked targets.

High TTK playlist changes for the P2016, Wingman, Wingman Elite, and Mozambique have been brought over to bring their power level down now that all Pilots can carry a secondary weapon.

Lunge time and melee hit frames changed to .3 seconds from .2 seconds. This will help people firing weapons, particularly automatic weapons, get extra shots in before the lunge completes.
Melee lunge range reduced.
Non-lunge melee attack range increased. This will help with the cases where melee looks like it should hit but doesn’t connect with the target.

Fixed issues with purchasable Nose Arts not showing up correctly on Titans.
Spectators in Marked for Death can no longer be marked for death.
(Xbox One) Buttons and pod doors in War Games intro sequence now play at the correct volume.
Titan Nose Arts flagged as Advocate Gift unlocks may now actually be awarded when opening Advocate Gifts.

Some new details about Frontier Defense:

Davis and Droz of the Last Resort faction will be guiding you through the waves. They are unique to Frontier Defense mode and your earned merits will still apply to whatever MP Faction you have selected.

The Titan you pick at the start is locked for the rest of the match.

“Classic Music” option will unlock Titanfall 1 lobby music and Frontier Defense music. [Win 10 matches of Frontier Defense to access]

So how big are these SMG changes? I never looked into the meta of the game but always felt like the SMG’s outclassed the AR’s by a lot seeing as they shot faster and had really good accuracy.

Gave the Frontier Defense mode a shot tonight, and it feels like a whole 'nother game. (Granted, this is coming from someone who pretty much only plays Attrition.)

Took me a few games to realize what’s useful to do when your Titan eats it (run around and repair turrets, mostly) and I’m still trying to figure out what kind of loadout makes sense here. But I love that I can play with something different, like an A-Wall pilot with a grenadier main weapon?, that I would never consider in normal play. Interested to see how the progression of Aegis and unlockable defense items change the feeling of things.

And it’s fun to chat with your team, if they’re talkative, as you plan your defense. WYPT PS4 network, get at me.

Had a go at Frontier Defence yesterday on Easy. Something quite nice about playing the game against de-powered enemies and just be free to let rip in the titans and weapons you might not otherwise use. Took three reapers out with Northstar’s sword shockwave… I levelled up my thunderbolt from 13-19 in a single game! No doubt the harder difficulties will prove to be more challenging leading to some tense standoffs.

Sorry if someone mentioned this, I keep searching but not finding anything. Is there a Waypoint Network on Xbox? Regardless, if anyone is interested in playing some Titanfall 2 I’m always game, so drop me a line.

yeah it feels fantastic chewing through reapers with the devotion. man i wish i realized sooner how absurdly quickly you can level up weapons in fd, i would’ve clocked way more matches this weekend in that mod for the double xp.

TL;DR: I think the general consensus is that SMGs are still top of the meta on PC, where mobility and hipfire are emphasized, but that the gap was shrunk a little. Weapon classes are at least a little more distinct.

Certainly, it feels like SMGs are no longer as effective at range as they used to be. I think the fact that the best close-quarters weapons were also surprisingly effective at range, especially in the days of the pre-nerf Volt, was always the major complaint against the dominance of SMGs on PC. It feels like weapon classes are more distinct. Where it used to be pretty pointless to rock the R-201/101 (the AR most comparable to the SMGs) when the CAR was a straight upgrade, and the other SMGs could be made to be as effective at mid-range with trigger-discipline, the R-201/101 is probably better for mid-range engagements now. Neither are going to offer much at long range, though, and that’s the intention. Standing in one place to land enough hits for a kill exposes the shooter for way too long, and gives the target a ton of time to escape. So SMGs continue to be great for run-and-gun, but can’t double for the role of rooftop/window camping. The semi-auto G2 is obviously a more distinct weapon with particular strengths, and more suited for mid- to long-range firefights. The R-201/101 hopefully fit nicely in between, being decent all-around but not exceptional at anything. The Hemlok has been effectively nerfed from very good to pretty average, at this point, while I think the Flatline has always been considered a pretty bad weapon, and has inexplicably been nerfed further still. Perhaps it was better on consoles, but I couldn’t say.

ARs were, allegedly, a bit of a problem on consoles because of how significant aim-assist for ADS was for that class of weapon. Changes were made to bring down the effectiveness of aim-assist, but I can’t attest to how all these changes have played out on console since I’m a PC guy myself. Seeing as ARs seemed to be for console what SMGs were for PC, it really comes down to the aim-assist changes, I guess.

EDIT: Also, if anyone is interested in hitting up some Frontier Defense on PC, gimme a shout on the Waypoint Network! PvE co-op is always more fun when fighting with friends!

The Ultimate Edition of Titanfall 2 is now available to purchase for $40. TF2 is also now included in EA Access (XB1) and Origin Access (PC), which allows you to play TF2 along with a collection of EA’s other games.

In addition to access to all DLC maps, modes, and weapons released so far, the Ultimate Edition comes packed with more good stuff. You’ll get instant access to all the Titanfall 2 Digital Deluxe Edition content, including:

Scorch and Ion Prime Titan skins
Deluxe Edition Warpaint skin for 6 Titans
Deluxe Edition Camo that can be applied to all Titans, Pilots, and Weapons.
Deluxe Edition Nose Art for 6 Titans
Deluxe Edition Callsign

We’ll also include a Jump Starter Pack for new players to get a head start on the action:

All Titans unlocked
All Pilot tacticals unlocked
10 Double XP tokens
500 credits to start that you can spend to unlock gear and cosmetics
As an extra bonus, Ultimate Edition buyers will also get the Underground R-201 ELITE Warpaint

In addition, we’ve also announced that Titanfall 2 will also be made available for EA Access and Origin Access players in The Vault! Now EA Access members will be able to play Titanfall 2 to their heart’s content.

We’re really excited to bring new players into the Titanfall 2 community, and can’t wait to see everyone on the Frontier. Thanks for all the support.

Origin Access and EA Access are each just $4.99/month or $29.99/year. For more information about member benefits – including a 10% discount on EA digital purchases – please visit www.origin.com/store/origin-access and www.ea.com/eaaccess.

PS4: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/titanfall-2-ultimate-edition/cid=UP0006-CUSA04027_00-ULTIMA0000000000

XB1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/titanfall-2-ultimate-edition/bt21jh17gcvc

PC: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/titanfall/titanfall-2/ultimate-edition