Y'all like Titanfall?

I don’t know if there’s a Waypoint network on Xbox, but anyone playing TF2 there can feel free to add me, as FD is definitely better with people you know. GT: GjallarSean

Tried out FD and it’s a lot better then I was expecting it to be! What titans is everyone using for it? Right now I’ve been mostly using Tone because the shield is really nice for holding an area.

Frontier Defense on Hard is no joke. Hell, even Normal can get pretty hectic if your team isn’t taking out key targets. And by key targets I mean the artillery enemies that destroy the Harvester’s shield from afar.

I’m on PS4 btw. PSN is in an earlier post. If any of y’all are playing and see me online, shoot me an invite. Would gladly play more of Frontier Defense with people!

Currently traveling, but I’ll take you up on that this week when I’m back!

Gotta say I haven’t even tried FD on normal yet, though I think playing with voice chat would help make that more doable. It’s amazing how quickly easy mode can go to crap when teammates misread (or ignore) your intentions and don’t split up duties well.

I’m a Ronin guy for PvP so naturally that’s what I’ve been doing for FD as well. I tend to play aggressively, pushing out to take out mortar and sniper titans as quickly as possible. It’s also just a ton of fun to go ape-shit with sword core on a bunch of titans, since being that undisciplined in PvP tends to get you killed pretty quickly.

I’ve been using Ion mostly. It feels really simple, but it’s still incredibly satisfying to just fire Laser Shots everywhere. When someone else has already picked Ion I tend to go Northstar, which I rarely play in PvP.

Scorch has been my go to. It’s really good at dropping big AoEs and doing damage to enemies that are grouped together.

Going hard with a Monarch, You can last a whole match with the first fall you get in round 2, and Monarch’s upgrade cores feel designed for this mode, by the final couple of rounds the Monarch is a beast.

Just started using the Monarch and I totally agree. I’m still not sure what kind of upgrade load out to carry, but the default kit seems fine for normal mode.

im using all the upgrades for the weapon and the reload speed boost.

edit: I am thinking more offensively however, I’m curious to try out the shield support modules to play a more support role. There might be some potential there.

I’ve noticed the player count of PC has dipped back down to the point where I’m seeing the same 4 or 5 players pretty consistently. When do people normally play?

Also, how do I convince my friends to play this instead of Overwatch/Payday/Killing Floor/etc?

I’ve yet to properly commit play time as the Monarch. I’ve been most interested in stomping around in my purple Scorch. Chain cannon was my favourite weapon in the first Titanfall, there was just something about mowing down everyone with it… I’m not sick or anything. Feels more like a standard bullet hose in Titanfall 2, doesn’t feel quite as good.

i’ve been playing a lot recently. i’m thetribunal16 i think

DLC news coming tomorrow.

The new DLC is titled Postcards from the Frontier and will be available on August 29th. All cosmetics mentioned are viewable in the article (most aren’t embedded here).

Tight corridors guide combat into three arenas flanked by balconies, doorways, and windows. A large central divider provides cover for short range effectiveness, with a long flank that opens opportunities for confident marksmen.

Kill 5 Pilots while Amped Wall is active to unlock

(Viewable in the trailer)

• Exoplanet
  • Drydock
  • Angel City

Each comes with a Squad Leader Bonus.
10% chance per owned Elite skin (up to 30%) to earn a Double XP token at the end of a match.
Grants one extra merit to you and your teammates at the end of a match. A player can only receive this bonus once per match.
$4.99 each or $24.99 for the bundle of 8 (bundle limited time only until 9/26).

(Viewable in the article)

Aegis Titan Brawl
Aegis Last Titan Standing

Both of these modes will have the same rules as their originals except you’ll be playing with your Aegis upgraded Titans from Frontier Defense. Now’s the time to get on that grind to max out your Titan so you’re ready on 8/29! We’ll kick things off with Aegis Titan Brawl at launch.

Moy Parra, one of our talented animators, has been creating a fantastic series based on Titanfall called ‘TitanToons’ that both us and the community have fallen in love with. If you haven’t seen it yet, you are missing out. Check out the full series here:

Moy also created a set of banners that will be available with this DLC. He has also done one better and given us another TitanToons Mini featuring these amazing banners!

(rest are in the article)

We’re also adding some new banners in honor of our amazing community creators out there. When Iniquity, a popular and valued member of the Titanfall community posted on twitter about the passing of his dog, Onyx, our subreddit rallied and had the idea to immortalize Onyx as a banner in the game. Respawn artist, Rodrigo Ribeiro stepped up and created an awesome homage to honor Onyx.

And lastly, we were pretty blown away by the creative work of Nicole Peh who took reddit by storm with her series of Titans and what restaurants they would work at. The full set will be included with this DLC as well.

(rest are in the article)

Nice. I would just like to reiterate that this game is still a blast to play and Respawn are still generously updating it with free DLC.

The Titan restaurant banners are really cool

I haven’t tried FD on anything besides Easy, but it’s pretty much exactly what I wanted from a horde mode anyways. I’ve always been a bit crap at Horde mode because I always want to rush off to the next big thing that just showed up. Playing Northstar in Easy FD is a good way of mitigating that compulsion while still contributing to the match.

Patch notes for Postcards from the Frontier are now out. No PvP balance changes are in the update, with Frontier Defense being the main focus instead.

Map: UMA [Live Fire]: Tight corridors guide combat into three arenas flanked by balconies, doorways, and windows. A large central divider provides cover for short range effectiveness, with a long flank that opens opportunities for confident marksmen.
New Frontier Defense Maps: Exoplanet, Drydock, Angel City
New Execution: Hole in the Wall [Amped Wall] : Get five kills while Amped Wall is active to unlock.
Onyx ‘Good Boy’ Banner
TitanToons banners [8 total]
Community Creation Banners: Titan Restaurants by Nicole Peh [6 total]

Aegis Titan Brawl: Standard Titan Brawl but with your Aegis Titans.
Aegis Last Titan Standing: Standard Last Titan Standing but with your Aegis Titans.

8 NEW ELITE WEAPON WARPAINTS: Each comes with a Squad Leader Bonus
10% chance per owned Elite skin (up to 30%) to earn a Double XP token at the end of a match.
Grants one extra merit to you and your teammates at the end of a match. A player can only receive this bonus once per match.
$4.99 each or $24.99 for the bundle of 8 (bundle limited time only until 9/26).
New Skins include:
Thunderbolt ‘8-Bit’ ELITE
Spitfire ‘Lead Farmer’ ELITE
Devotion ‘RSPN Custom’ ELITE
Hemlock ‘Mochi’ ELITE
Kraber ‘Masterwork’ ELITE
R-97 ‘Purple Fade’ ELITE
R-201 ‘Frontier Patriot’ ELITE
Mozambique ‘Crimson Fury’ ELITE

The purchasable Frontier Defense shoulder plate can now be applied to Prime Titans and all skins, and can be toggled on or off in the loadout menu.
You can now edit Pilot loadouts from the Titan selection menu in Last Titan Standing
Chat box added to Titan selection screen in LTS and FD.
Single Player: BT’s loadout menu doesn’t delay when selecting loadout button [thanks Bryonato for reporting!]
Added option for “Friendly” to Hold to Rodeo control - works on friendly Titans.
Frontier Defense has been added to Private Match settings.

Applying an Amped Battery to a doomed Titan now provides a full shield when used to bring a Titan out of Doomed State.
Reaper and Titan weak spots are now hidden when cloaked by Cloak Drones.
Difficulty is now shown during Titan selection screen.

Reduced difficulty of wave 2 and 5 on lower difficulty settings.
Reduced chance of tick drop pods detonating upon landing.
Reduced chance of ticks jumping to the pilot drop zone.

Spawn-as-titan locations are now closer to the harvester.

Fixed a bug where Long Range Power Shot could hit a target twice.

Ion [Frontier Defense balance]
Combined the Split Shot upgrades into one upgrade.
Added a new Laser Shot upgrade that increases weak point damage.

Monarch [Frontier Defense balance]
XO-16: Critical Hit now increases weak point damage by 50% from 25%.
Tone [Frontier Defense balance]
Signal Strength Upgrade now increases the duration of Sonar Pulse by 100% from 60%.

Frontier Defense: Fixed bug where player would get stuck on Titan selection screen if they joined a game late and got killed while transitioning from Titan screen to game.
Frontier Defense: Adjusted Stalkers pathing to reduce cases where they would go to unreachable areas of the map.
Fixed bug where a Monarch with Superior Chassis would have more Health than displayed.
Fixed a bug where a Titan that was undoomed with an Amped Battery would have less Health than displayed.
Fixed issue where Classic Frontier Defense music option was missing for consoles.

Postcards from the Frontier is now available. https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/6wtb9f/postcards_from_the_frontier_dlc_is_now_live_on

Happy DLC Day! Postcards from the Frontier is now live on all platforms!

Featured Mode: Aegis Titan Brawl
Double XP will go live for all MP on Thursday and will run through the weekend.

Lastly, we also pushed a change today for matchmaking in Frontier Defense. Moving forward if you quit out of a full public match in progress, you will be given a penalty where you will have to wait 5 minutes before being able to matchmake again.

Have fun and let us know what you think.