Your favorite type of cookie?

Hey everyone what’s your favorite type of cookie? Personally I’m a huge fan of monster cookies, if you haven’t had them before imagine a large oatmeal cookie made with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and M&M’s. I’ve also seen people add things like raisins, dried cherries, or nuts to them as well.

Mine typically come out looking like this

controversial opinion: I love an oatmeal raisin cookie.

Homemade peanut butter for me. But, for discussions sake, I’m gonna pull for Oatmeal Raisin, because that is criminally underrated.

I love chewy oatmeal raisin cookies and have basically perfected the recipe!

I didn’t like chocolate or overly sweet things when I was a kid so oatmeal raisins were basically the only cookie I would eat haha

lmao that’s the second time today on this forum I’ve had posts within seconds of each other with very similar content.

ok, three oatmeal raisin in a row now. what is happening

There are dozens of us! Dozens!!

White chocolate macadamia nut.

Raisins belong in the trash, not a cookie.

My mom has a recipe I stole for these amazing Brown Sugar Crinkles. They’re the best cookie I’ve ever had. They stay perfectly soft forever and taste like this amazing molasses cookie but not with the bad molasses taste that I don’t like. They’re the best cookie if you want to send cookies to someone far away. Like armed forces members serving overseas and such.

I like pretty much all cookies. Chocolate chip, sugar, peanut butter, monster, oatmeal raisin, ginger bread, spritz, etc. etc. The list goes on and on. Now I need to go bake cookies. :rolling_eyes:

I was prepared to agree with your cookie choice, but then you brought the hate into this temple. Unacceptable

You’re all a bunch of cookie renegades. Sugar cookies are superior to those monstrosities.

I googled Cookie Temple on a whim and apparently there are a bunch of templates for the LDS Temple in cookie form ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Chewy oatmeal raisin is great. Not a fan of the kind that are dried out and crumbly though.

Anyone live by a Harris Teeter? They have boxes of free sugar cookies to grab as you shop, and ho boy they are good.

My secret to really chewy cookies is to use just brown sugar instead of a mix

There’s few foods in earth as good as a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie. Even if it’s just the recipe on the back of the bag of chips, it’s a perfect dessert. Chewy, gooey, rich, sweet…

You don’t need anything more complex than that (but it’s fun to play around). I made some chocolate cookies with bits of Hershey’s Cookies & Creme bars inside. Absolutely fantastic.

Oh, those sound so good. I do brownies by pouring half the batter in the pan, layering Heath Bars across that, then covering with the rest of the batter. Not bad, if I may say.

Harsh. Raisins can be delicious.

Just not in cookies. Any cookie with raisins needs to be clearly labeled, and properly quarantined from all other cookies.

OAT
MEAL
RAISIN

Especially Costco’s, for whatever reason. Those things are delicious and I don’t feel too guilty about eating a couple in the morning. It’s oatmeal and fruit, man! (…and butter, and spice, and…)

Chocolate chip?

Not just any chocolate chip. It’s gotta be outrageously good. A cookie that shows true devotion to an abstract concept rendered physical. Crisp and lacy around the edges and the bottom. Moist, just warm and with a touch of chew through the center. A mix of semi-sweet chips/morsels and dark chocolate chunks. Topped with a touch of sea salt.

If we’re talking lesser quality? Snickerdoodle or oatmeal raisin will do.